Repeat prescriptions will be issued at the doctor's discretion and are normally for patients on long-term treatment. Requests for prescriptions must be made in writing using the repeat prescription slip. We are unable to take orders or issue repeat prescriptions over the phone or at weekends, public holidays or out of normal surgery hours.
Please allow two complete working days before collection and make allowances for weekends and public holidays. Where possible give exact drug names when ordering.
Repeat prescription slips may be dropped into the surgery, posted, faxed to 01727 822130 or requested electronically as below. If an SAE is provided, prescriptions will be posted back. Please request repeat medication well in advance and remember to make an appointment to see the doctor before your review date expires.
You can book a repeat prescription online through the Patient Access Service.
- First of all, you need to visit the surgery and collect your password and security details from reception.
- Then click onto the Patient Access System from your computer.
- There are two registration screens. On the first screen, enter your PIN, Practice Number, Access ID and NHS Number, which you have obtained from the surgery. This information enables the system to check your identity when you log on.
- On the second screen:
- Enter your personal details: surname and DOB
- Choose a password
- Complete a security question
You will be then be redirected to the Patient Access homepage to sign in. Please go ahead and order your prescription.
You can also book an appointment online with the Patient Access System.
Please do allow 48 hours for this to be ready.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
The practice offers the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS), allowing patients to collect some Acute and repeat prescriptions directly from their nominated pharmacy. The practice is able to transmit prescription requests directly to the pharmacy. Please discuss this with your pharmacist if you are interested in setting this up.